KURRAJONG WEEVIL Axionicus isignis ??

Kurrajong Weevil

Love it's wee feet !


Found this tiny fellow yesterday when tying up my blackberry runners.
What a strange looking creature !! I always wonder what the insects I find, eat and where do they sleep and what is their reason for being?
Are they a threat to my plants or for that matter to me.
 I have not used poison on my block for years as I feel their use is not only a danger to myself and my family but to all the creatures that I share my 1/4 acre with.
Anyhow back to this weevil, I have posted another weevil back when I started this blog but it was different to this one and the only one I can find like mine was seen in Wagga Wagga in NSW.and it was on a Kurrajong tree as I found this one under the Kurrajong whose branches reach over the fence from next door I have to wonder if it may have come from !!!
 Oh !! How I love Google ! It seems this is a Kurrajong Weevil !
 Always happy when I find out what a creature is.
 Kurrajong's are attacked by these weevil's when they are are in a stressed state as during drought or after a severe pruning. I wonder if there are any good weevil's and there seems to be so many of them, can only think they must a great food source for some creatures

Comments