Wolf Spider

Wolf Spider


A few nights ago I was surprised to find an uninvited visitor in the  form of a spider on my family room floor, she didn't appear to fussed about moving on either.
Now this is a formidable looking spider to say the least and while I enjoy looking at and learning about spiders I do not I repeat DO NOT wish to share my dwelling place with them.
For the both my peace of mind and the well being of the spider I found a glass large enough to go over her and slid a stiff piece of paper under both the spider and glass and  reinstated it to a new safe home.
This is the very spider my Father used as an example more than 60 years ago to put a life long fear of spiders into me for me . It is a Wolf spider so named as it hunts its prey down as a wolf would .
Dad also told me they would run after me and bite me . Living on the edge of the Rain forest  there is an endless supply of creatures to bite a child and my curiosity seemed to know no bounds.  So what was he to do?
Most creatures wont bite you unless you handle  or hurt them so it is  sensible to let them go about their business and let them be, then there won't be a problem. These spiders will inflect a painful bite if  they feel the need  which may cause infection and lesions to grow  so one should be wary.




Mother Wolf spider caries her egg sack with her 

 


Comments