A bit about our Brown Honeyeater

Brown Honey eater

 For a creature that only weighs 11g this little bird makes his presence felt.
From just before sunrise to sunset he can be heard call his mate or warning of cats and danger or loudly trying to move on the Singing Honey eaters.
The antics in the air are something to be seen as they dart thru the tree branches with total disregard for their well being. Quite often I have met one head on as he fly's along my veranda like it is some sort of bird highway
I am never sure if they are making love or war as there always seem to be some sort of squabble going on.
When it is nesting time they spend a lot of time searching my verandas for spiderwebs and then later on return when the young have hatched to find the web builders for lunch for the chicks.
Although they are Honey eaters they also eat insects.
I feel sure that as soon as one family is raised they are back into the fray and start all over again.

Comments