ANTS VERSUS WEEVIL

Yesterday I found this tiny weevil willfully and wantonly chewing holes in   my Gerbera's as I was photographing an ant came along and soon there were three climbing all over the poor little chap pushing,prodding and pulling they seemed to be trying to find a way through it tough shell through all this it just remained motionless. 
Now if there is one insect in my little kingdom that I dislike it has to be these ants .It is impossible to stand anywhere in my driveway without being attacked by them and slowly they are taking over my yard so we have really reached a point where something just has to be done.
I don't use any poison on my block as I have always had pets and children around and also I feel that BEING GREEN starts in your own back yard so with all this in mind tomorrow I shall go and buy the largest container of baby powder I can find and see if they can be encouraged to move on.
In this pic you can see the ant pulling the weevil's antena
When I saw the ants on the weevil I thought they must be of some use but hours later the weevil was still there none the worse for wear

Comments