New Beginnings

This morning to my joy I discovered that the Singing Honey eater's have started a new nest.
The last time they built it was with a great deal of secrecy in a Diosma bush. This time she is building right beside the car under the carport  in a potted fig.
This morning there were only a few sticks but much to my surprise by lunch time you could see the shape of the nest.
Tonight I will take a photo of the nest so we can see the progress of the building process .
I am wondering if she will continue building as this afternoon we have 2 children, 2 dogs and the 3 resident ageing cats moving about . Also I have taken the car out .
 So if she is wise she may change her mind and build somewhere safer.
After dark I photographed the nest and am surprised at the amount of work after only a day.  She has used a lot of string , spider web and even cat fur.

Interior view tonight at the end of day 1
Exterior view

Comments