Baby Singing Honey eater's first Photo

Baby Singing Honey eater
Well at last I can see the baby and even have a few shots to show you.
I am a bit behind with my posts as today I got a shot of the baby with it's eyes open also yesterday I found the body of a baby bird and while I think it is to large to be one of ours I can't be sure .
It isn't the best shot but at least we can get a bit of an idea of how it is  progressing.
 In this shot the eyes are still closed and the feathers are just forming right down to a few little yellow feathers below the eye just like Mum and Dad.
I worry about that green piece of string that Mother used in nest building.  If the parents or baby get caught in it they could break a leg or strangle. Such a shame that our left overs can cause such danger to our unsuspecting wildlife.

Comments