One Hot Afternoon

Elipsidion Cockroach
Yesterday Afternoon was hot and unpleasant it was close to 40 not the sort of afternoon when I would have expected to some interesting bugs to photograph.
My first interesting find was this beautiful Elipsidion Cockroach,  aren't his marking just beautiful !!??
He is only 5mm long ! I measured him ! A friend told me today that she had seen a green cockroach out the bush I would so love to see one of these.
It was no easy task getting this shot as he kept popping from one side of the Hollyhock leaf to the other so I had to take this shot hand held.
Later on as I was watering the garden I disturbed this beautiful moth. These photos don't do it justice.
The under wing was a warm rusty colour and the upper of the wings were more of a green colour than in my photos. The pattern on his wings reminded me of  a dried  leaf. The eyes were large and green.
 Green Drab Moth (Ophiusa tirhaca)
 Green Drab Moth



Posted by Picasa

Comments