Bits and pieces of a Moth Part 1

Teeny caterpillars just hatching from their eggs..
 Yesterday I noticed some tiny marks on the wall near my front door. (photo 2)
To my surprise the marks turned out to be caterpillars and when I looked at the enlarged photo I was pleased to see they were just hatching from their eggs.  (photo1)
Tonight I discovered quite a few moths, one was laying her eggs ( photo 6 ) and I think these moths are the Mums of the tiny caterpillars.
I have included a few close up snaps of the legs wing pattern and the fringe on the wing to show you how beautiful even a dull looking moth can be.

Caterpillars as they appeared  before enlargement

Mother Moth don't you love the hair do

Detail 
 The photos aren't the best but I could do with a third hand as I have to hold both the camera and torch and focus all at the same time I know there must be a better way to do this but as yet haven't worked it out.

Beautiful little pearl like eggs

Wing pattern best viewed large

Comments