A little bit of a head count

Well so far I have posted 33 different creatures on this blog.
 Birds are separate and I have posted photos of six of the most frequent birdie visitors to our garden.
I am still finding more insects  every day and also I have many photos on file yet  to be posted .
 Most of my posts are of creepy crawlies common to most gardens but I try to give you a closer view of them.  Hopefully you will find them less fearsome and come to relise how important they are to the well being of  all living things and be less inclined to kill because it is ugly or you are afraid of it . (Even though it is one inth of the size of you.
Also what I find interesting is that we live in an area that is regarded as arid with a low rainfall, hot summers and fairly mild winters, yet we have a thriving insect and bird population.
Even away from town where we have water, the bush which only receives 270 mm or so of rain a year the insect, bird and lizard population is quite rich and diverse.

Comments