Breda Jovialis. Jovial Jumping Spider




Jumping spiders are my fav spider and I was so pleased when this one was identified for me by  www.arachne.org.au
Now I am on a mission to see how many are living on my property.
This one is only a young one a few mm long but a few days ago I found one that wouldn't even be the size of a pinhead.
I am grateful to live in this age where we have cameras that give us a close up look at nature and to be able to see in detail the tiny feet or check out the crew cut hair cuts that some Jumping Spiders sport.
These little fellows have 8 eyes and will turn and look at you when you are taking photos and rather than being afraid are quite curious. I have read that they will watch nature shows on TV and will actually attack if the see some tasty morsel.
No kidding!!!!
 Jumping spiders are the most colourful of the spider families
 I am looking forward to seeing a Peacock Jumping Spider they are found in the hills around Perth WA and are on my bucket list of must have photos.


 
Posted by Picasa

Comments