Australian Painted Lady Butterfly

For many years I thought that all the butterfly's I saw in my garden were the same and worse still brown
 I came from the tropics the home of our most beautiful butterfly's so was rather disappointed
 It wasn't until I brought my camera and compared photo's that I realised there were 3 or 4  different types.Meadow Argus,Lesser Wanderer,Painted Lady and another whose name I can't think of at the moment.
Butterfly's love the flowers of the yellow Lantana and the purple Geisha Girl, so pleased I planted these in my garden and I plan to plant more flower's that are both butterfly and bird friendly and more native plant's.
Painted Lady caterpillars feed on Daisey's Lavender,Scotch Thistle and Cape weed.
 I think if I were to go out the bush more often, I would see more butterfly's but living in town only see the few who are lucky enough to survive cars etc and make it to my garden.


Posted by Picasa

Comments