Laughing Turtle Dove Babie's

Well I am happy to announce that Mr and Mrs Turtle Dove have built a nest  in our Mandarin tree right outside my kitchen window so I can get a good idea of the coming and goings of this birdie couple.
Yesterday Dad Dove spent a great deal of time on next door's TV antenna  keeping a watchful eye on Mama as she carefully wove her magic on tiny twig's turning them into a nest.
Well the nest is built it is well hidden and already Mother is sitting.
 So as it is about a week since sitting began it is probably only a week or so before the little ones should hatch.
This will be the last photo I will be taking as she was so frightened.
I love these little birds they are gentle and timid and don't seem to bother anything or anyone.
Turtle Doves are introduced to West Australia probably arriving from Africa on ships in the late 1800's.
Their diet consists of seed and some insects so most of their feeding time is spent on the ground.
It must be a least a fortnight since I last wrote and a few days ago I was surprised to see a pair of little eyes solemnly regarding me from the mandarin tree .
I haven't heard any sound of baby birds being fed and nor have I been been aware of any more frequent coming and going of the parent's and here they almost ready to leave the nest.
It will be a good when I see them with Mum and Dad in my back yard!

The baby's already have most of their feathers
This view is the one when I saw them for the first time

Comments