The Common Blue Butterfly

 I love these little butterfly's. Smaller than my thumb and swifter then a swallow  you are lucky to catch a blur as they flit by but if you do, you will be rewarded by a flash of the most incredible blue.
There are many different kinds of this butterfly from the Lycaenidae family the largest family of butterfly's found in Australia.
They have  a wing span of about 18mm and it can be found anywhere there is food for its caterpillar's .
I have given up trying to work out the name of these little fellows as they are so alike and at the same time different.
I took these photos on a Cotton bush and there were at least 3 dozen butterfly's on the one bush and finally sitting and displaying with open wings . At last I could get up close and personal and get some better shots with my macro lens. Stay tuned as I will be posting more on the interesting life of The common Blue Butterfly's
Open wing view of butterfly above

Comments