Grey Fronted Honeyeater

Grey Fronted Honey eater
I can't think how this beautiful bird was given such a dreary name.
 It is such a dapper little chap with a black beak that you would swear had just had a fresh spit and polish .


I was so pleased when I come across these birds yesterday as I have only seen them a few times before that I am aware of.
In the last few years I have developed a passion for bird photography so am much more aware of the birds and my surroundings.
I live in an area considered to be arid and there are very few places where water is found on a permanent basis so I am both pleased and surprised to say I have photographed over 70 different species since July all within about 100 klms of home.
Making love or war I'm not sure!!!


The thing I think I like about the Grey Fronted honey eater is that it isn't as afraid as most of the birds I come across it seems to check you out and carries on with its business therefore giving you a fighting chance of getting a fairly good shot!
Grey Fronted Honey eaters are found across a good deal of arid Australia they measure 15 to 17 cm and lay two eggs spotted with pink.





Comments

  1. Robyn - Arid it may be but there is more birdsong on Killarney Street than here in Bayswater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose there are different types of arid Coral and citys are nature arid.
      The modern garden with a few sparse plants that offer no protection or sustance to any creatures most be having a huge affect on nature in the built up areas

      Delete

Post a Comment