STRANGE FORMATIONS in THE SAND


As always is seems that I find the most interesting things when I should already have left for home !
So instead of being able to give full attention to my find and get some really good pictures that tell a story, I have to shot off a few snaps and head for home.
The photos above are the result of my inability to leave for home on time . We found these formations in the sand that appeared solid but a light touch and they disintegrated.
The formations were found on a sand dune on the edge of a large salt lake
I would be interested in some ideas as to what they could be from my readers.
About 4 weeks ago we had record rains and I wonder if some type of Fungi formed holding the sand within it and then disintegrated and the remains blew away in the wind leaving this form as a reminder of their existence !
 What do you think ?? I really would love to know  what you think !!!
Ps they are about 3 to 4 cm high

Comments

  1. No these are the one's we spoke about, see what you mean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Brian We did speak of these !! Do you have any ideas on what they may be !?

      Delete

Post a Comment