THE HAPPY WANDERERS AFTERNOON IN THE BUSH

At first I thought it may not be the best day for wandering in the bush as the day was quite cool overcast and getting darker by the moment .Not at all ideal for bird photography.
Also we have had a nice lot of rain and the unwary can soon become bogged not the ideal situation for a bit more than middle aged woman .
But it takes a lot to keep this woman down so off we went.
The first interesting creature we found was this strange Grasshopper it was only about 15mm long and had it stayed still would have gone undetected for it really resembled a tiny twig  and was so light the wind blew it over .This little fellow is I think a wingless Mottled Matchstick Grasshopper. I also saw another beautiful grass hopper today just wish I had stopped for a pic.
By then it was time for some lunch we picked a nice spot under a White Cyprus Pine and settled in to eat, within a minute the meat ants arrived and as always one found its way into the cuppa much to my daughter's disgust!
Soon they were working to remove crumbs no doubt a service  to keep  mother earth clean that they have provided since time began.
Lunch over we decided to heard off for a walk the clouds were beautiful and as we admired  I realised  the clouds around the sun were iridescence I tried to get a good shot of them but this was the best I could do.
Iridescence occurs when the sun reflects on ice crystals or water droplets in the clouds.
I am beginning finding this interest of mine in all things in nature a bit of a problem and am sure it will end in some sort of disaster such as walking into a huge spider web or worse still down an some abandoned mine shaft as I peer at the sky at clouds or the fleeting image of some bird as I drive along !!!
Anyhow next I would like to share this image of the samphire bush . These are new plants on the edge of a salt pan and I think the colours are pretty. I hear that samphire is edible and being farmed in the eastern states for sale to the upmarket restaurants , will have to find a recipe and see what its like.

Soon it was time to return home and at last I saw a few birds and they soon became victims to by camera !!
Yellow Rumped Thornbill

Jackie Winter
As I wandered these fallen leaves with the sun shining through them caught my eye ,what a wonderful glow a great finish to an interesting afternoon.

Comments

  1. Great photos & blogging Robyn, time well spent. Marvellous macro work - getting right down there .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn !! You have made my day !!!

      Delete
  2. http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/9259/samphire-with-lemon-and-olive-oil.aspx try this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Coral ,
    Had a look at the recipe and it looks really easy and tasty ,next time I go out I will get some samphire and do a test run Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment