PEREGRINE FALCON falco peregrinus

The first Peregrine I saw, out of range of my lens but you get a good look at those talons
My family and friends worry about my state of mind these days as I am afraid to move without my camera.There is nothing more certain than if I don't have my camera at the ready I will see something interesting and by the time I go get it the interesting thing will be gone .
Such a time occurred on Sunday evening when I had a quick trip to the airport to pick up a family member.
On a vacant block high in a dead tree I spied a raptor and made a mental note to check it out on my return as I was running late !
Luck was with me and it was still there when I returned and though I took a lot of photos only a few were worth keeping.
 Only  twice have I seed a Peregrine the fastest animal on earth  in this area, so was pleased to see one again and even more so when I compared the photos to see that they are defiantly different birds
.As far as I can tell the bird in the image above is older .Young birds are browner than older birds who are cream with a slate grey back.
 They are such beautifully marked birds and I so hope I get the chance for to redeem myself and get some better shots sometime very soon.
Peregrine Falcon

Comments