My Back Yard Friends of the Feathered Kind

Mrs Mud lark

Officially it is Autumn but we continue to have above thirty everyday and still no sign of rain in spite of this I can sense a change in the air and the light . The leaves of my Liquid amber are turning yellow and somehow there is a softness to the days especially in the early morning and late afternoons .Yesterday afternoon I enjoyed a cuppa in my back yard observing our birdie visitors, such a pleasure !!!!!
All the regulars were there Mr and Mrs Mud lark looking smart in their black and white suits, while the Willy Wagtails added a bit of action with their constant movement and pretty song. A shy little Laughing Turtle Dove visited one of the bird baths for a drink and soon the Brown Honey eater family dropped by for bath time. I am sure birds have watches as they arrive at just about four every afternoon for baths.
The beautiful Ring neck Parrots added Flashes of Green, yellow, blue and aqua to the scene as they feasted on the grapes and just to finish off a pair of Singing Honey eater's checked out the new Kangaroo Paw plant I brought to be a part of the native garden I am planing.
Singing Honeyeater
Tiny Brown Honeyeater
Willy Wagtail
Laughing Turtle Dove
 Funny thing if I lived just 3 houses away next to the big gum trees I would see so many more birds I hear them Galah's, Butcher Birds, Yellow Throated Miners and many others !! Should have planted a gum tree !!!
Afternoon tea is served. Australian Ringneck


Comments