THE JUMPING SPIDER and the FLY

The days are drawing in and at long last the days are becoming cooler.
We went birding this week and the small bush flies were beyond friendly, there was no way to convince them that their company was unwelcome even Aerogard was ineffective
When I was a kid my Father always said that this is a sign of rain and he just may have been right, as the next morning it was raining !!!
The birds were not showing their faces so we rested on the top of a small hill and so did the flies.
Almost instantly I saw some movemen  soon a tiny Jumping spider joined us.
It showed no fear and wasted no time in climbing up my leg and onto my camera bag.
Quite rapidly a sortie around the bag was completed ,seemingly ignoring many meals on wings as it did so and just as I thought it was going to leave without dinner, Snap and dinner was served.!!

These are my fav spiders,intelligent, friendly, fearless and seem as if they would like to interact with you .
You can get some idea of the size of this little creature as that is the fabric of my camera bag she is sitting on in the photo.
 Don't you love it's furry coat !!

Comments

  1. I posted a post but it disappeared when I pressed Publish ?.
    I'll try again .Great photo but I will run a mile if a spider crawled up my leg. I guess when you know them like you do & know which ones are dangerous it wouldn't be as scary .... my brave cuz. Robyn. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gai,l It was sooooo small and I knew straight away that it had only one thing in mind lunch. Had it been a big one I would have done a bit of a dance I can tell you !!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment