MY DAD and the DRAGONFLY


Resting

The Dragonfly's are here again !! A sure sign  that the weather is warming up.
I could spend endless hours with my camera trying to catch the perfect pic of these fast moving creatures and am looking forward to one day getting the perfect shot of one in flight.
While enjoying this pastime a few days ago I was taken back in time to the day in my childhood when I found a Dragonfly with an injured wing .
I was so very upset and took the injured creature to my Dad, I was still young enough to believe that my Dad could right all the wrongs in the world and as it turned out this belief was well founded .
Dad took a match stick and carefully pared the finest slither with his pocket knife, just the right size to fit the broken wing then ever so carefully he applied the tiniest dot of Araldite to the wing and quickly the splint of match was added a few minutes and away the dragonfly flew away to enjoy freedom.
My Father is no longer with us but this is a memory I always love to reflect upon.

Comments

Post a Comment