A BIT OF BUZZ ABOUT A BEE. Lasiglossim (parasphecodes)

The weather is pretty warm at the moment as you would expect for this time of the year on the West Australian Goldfields.
I think the bees and wasps really love this time of the year as I see  so many flitting about doing whatever it is they have on their To Do list for the day.
 But on a day like today when the temp is expected to reach 42 even they feel it, Wasps can often be seen hanging just outside the windows to catch some relief in the cooling breeze from the Air con. And there are dozens of fly's resting down low on leaves where the ground is moist.
Last week, whilst photographing bees in my garden I noticed a new comer unfortunately I only managed to grab 4 shots of it and as yet haven't seen one again.
I posted a pic to FB and wasn't prepared for the resulting interest.
It seems that this the furthest recorded inland sighting of this little creature the gentleman who identified it was very excited and before a bee could buzz, it's pic was posted on Bower Bird and the local paper was looking for me to get a wee bit of info for an article the local paper.
AS yet I have been to busy to learn much about this bee so will post again when I have a bit to say about it.

Comments